Saturday, January 5, 2013

I have not blogged FOREVER! SO much has happened, Sydnee turned one, Steven finished tech school, we got assigned our first base, we bought a car, and we moved. We live in Lompoc, California at Vandenberg AFB. So far we really like it here and like the military life (as much as one can.) It's super fun living in an actual house since we have been in little bitty apartments since we have been married. Steven really enjoys his job and is starting school back up in the summer. He has been thinking of pursuing a career as a Physicians Assistant instead of a Dentist, maybe? Who knows we will see when the time comes! He almost has his associates degree so we have a little while to really decide. Our ward is pretty fun, I was called as a YW advisor and girls camp director.Steven is the YM second counselor, so our Wednesday nights we are all at the church, its pretty fun though! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years were all really fun, we stayed here instead of going to one or four parents, it was bitter sweet. I missed my family especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but at the same time it was really fun celebrating as just our little family. Sydnee is walking around and talking, it's so fun. Lincoln is a clown and always making me laugh and bouncing off the walls! I take them to a tumbling class every Wednesday, they really enjoy that. I am looking into starting Lincoln in preschool soon, it's hard cause I don't him growing up and leaving me but he is really advanced in a lot of ways for his age and just gets sooo bored at home and really is a little social bug who loves to learn so I think he would really thrive in preschool! We miss our families so much and its weird cause we are the only ones in our immediate families who live out of the state of Utah, and I honestly miss Utah so much, but I really do love it here as well and I think it's so good for us to have this "military adventure." I'm kind of hoping we get stationed out of the country when they move us again, that would be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment